If you find a live animal
- Telephone for help immediately – 0300 1234999 (RSPCA Cetacean Live Strandings Line) and Carl Chapman 07833 463 034 (Seawatch Foundation)
- Calmly approach the animal, but be careful – it could make sudden movements
- If you can find adequate assistance, roll the animal over onto its front and keep the skin wet with sea water. Do not pull on its fins or tail and be very careful not to get water into the blowhole.
- Keep dogs and crowds away and avoid loud noise or sudden movement to reduce stress
- Do not attempt to drag the animal
- Be very careful as these are large powerful animals.
- Do not touch the animal
- Telephone 02079 425 155 (Natural History Museum Cetacean Dead Strandings Line) and Carl Chapman 07833 463 034